Easter Menu Ideas and Planning Tips


I looked at the calendar a few days ago and was shocked to realize Easter is just around the corner…. it’s a week earlier this year than last year. … and I haven’t even started thinking about any menu or started any planning… I’m sure I’m not the only one in that boat.

So I figured now would be an excellent time to start publishing posts to help you with the planning process…. buying guides and tips… from appetizers to ham to coffee and tea….breakfast to dessert….I will post a collection of recipes to get you started thinking and planning.

Since ham is a popular main dish for the holiday… I figured I’d start there… earlier this week I posted a Ham Buying Guide from the archives…there’s a wealth of information in the archives… so that’s where I’ll start…

Check out these recipe and tip posts for meal ideas from the archives:

Ham Buying Guide

Roasting and Baking Tips for Baked Ham

Baked Ham with Rum and Coke Glaze

Jack Daniel’s Glazed Ham

Ambrosia Salad

Sweet Potato Casserole

Corn Casserole

Old Fashioned Spoon Bread

Corn Fritters

Scalloped Potatoes

Southern Corn Pudding

Slightly Sweet Parslied Carrots

Green Beans Almondine

Creamed Spinach

Creamed Spinach II

Pineapple Sweet Potatoes

Apricot Glazed Carrots

Peach Gelato

Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Tart

Geechee Pecan Pie

Chantilly Creme

Coffee and Tea Buying Guide for a Crowd

Tips for Making Coffee for a Crowd

I’ll be posting more ideas and recipes… and of course tips… so ya’ll c’mon back soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great list of items for dinner..... I am going to check out a few for my Easter dinner:)

Linda said...

Thanks Vicki! I hope you find something you like.

Katy ~ said...

Jack Daniels glaze...gotta try it!! I've been looking for a different and delicious glaze recipe. Yummmmmm

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup