Recipe: Western Egg Salad


This recipe for Western Egg salad is another one of my adaptations for Egg Salad. I like to change things up a bit to keep things interesting. I thought taking the basic ingredients of a Western Omelet and using them in an Egg Salad would taste pretty good… I’m happy to report it was more than pretty good… it was very very good.

TIPS

If your hard-boiled eggs have gray ring around the yolk… see my previous post… “Making Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs” … for tips on making them without the ring around the yolk.

I also have a post on a quick and easy method of dicing eggs perfectly… Dicing Hard-Boiled Eggs Made Easy.

I decided to use pimento in the recipe instead of red pepper, since I was using green pepper, I didn’t want the pepper flavors to overpower the salad. You certainly could use diced red pepper instead but I urge you to try it my way.

I always use Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise.

The amounts are what I used, you can add more or less depending on your tastes.

This recipe makes enough for 2 sandwiches.

I hope you try this… it will give a new spin on an old favorite.






Recipe: Western Egg Salad

All you need:

3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon chopped pimento
1 tablespoon ham, finely diced
1 tablespoon green pepper, finely diced
1 tablespoon green onion (both white and green parts), finely diced
1 ½ tablespoons Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

All you need to do:





Combine all ingredients in a bowl.













No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup