Recipe: Ham and Asparagus Crepes with Hollandaise Sauce


This recipe for Ham and Asparagus Crepes with Hollandaise Sauce makes for a quick dinner… add a salad or a soup and maybe a dinner roll...and you have dinner….

And its great to use up leftover ham or asparagus… and possibly hollandaise sauce…. which is exactly what happened recently. I had some deli ham that I needed to use … I had leftover asparagus and hollandaise sauce… all I had to do was reheat the leftovers and make the crepes.

Even if you have to make the asparagus and hollandaise sauce… it really is quick. Just trim the hard ends off a bunch of asparagus and rinse them. Set them in a microwaveable dish.. and about 2 tablespoons water and cover with waxed paper…. A quick nuke on high for about 7 minutes or until tender…and …. they’re done…

You can cook the asparagus in the microwave. Hollandaise is extremely easy to make as well…. see my Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe and a Slimmed Down version if you want to cut the fat and calories.

Crepe TIPS

For this recipe… see my Crepe Recipe and Crepe Making Tips… I cut the recipe in half… the recipe divides easily in half. Do not add vanilla, since this is considered a savory crepe.

You can make them in advance layering them on a plate with wax paper between them… Before serving, just microwave them for a minute or so on high… just to get them hot.

I made these from the batter I had left from making the Romantic Dessert for Two… I just divided that batter and added a small amount of vanilla to the crepe batter I used for the dessert. I stored the leftover batter (without the vanilla) in an airtight container in the fridge and made these the next day. When you take it out of the fridge, whisk it to even out the batter again and let stand for about 10-15 minutes.

Ingredient TIPS

I used very thin deli sliced ham.. you could also use cubed leftover baked ham.
I usually figure 4-5 asparagus spears per crepe and enough deli ham to have a thin single layer of ham. Hollandaise… well… it depends on how much you like it… we all like it… my son will usually put quite a bit on.

I figure at least two crepes per person… believe it or not they can be filling…

Crepes are easy and inexpensive… and really delicious… When I was a teenager we used to go to a place called the Magic Pan… they closed suddenly years ago but have since reopened in some areas. The crepes were great… all kinds of savory and dessert crepes… just a wonderful memory. They inspired many of my recipes for both crepes and soups.

I hope you try this…






Ham and Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce Recipe

All you need:

Crepes
Deli ham, sliced extremely thin
Asparagus, cooked
Hollandaise Sauce

All you need to do:

Prepare crepes according to my crepe recipe.

Re-heat the ham in the microwave until warm.

Either re-heat the asparagus or cook it in the microwave (see notes above).

Either re-heat or make the Hollandaise Sauce.

To assemble the crepe.. lay the crepe flat on a plate.

Lay a thin layer of ham over the crepe.

Lay 4-5 asparagus spears in the middle.

Fold over each side of the crepe.

Drizzle Hollandaise Sauce on the crepe.

2 comments:

Heather S-G said...

What a great brunch food...ah, Hollandaise. Sounds so tasty.

Linda said...

It is! If you've never had it.. try it... you'll like it!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup