Recipe: Strawberry Tiramisu


Strawberries in March? … Luscious … deep red strawberries… they were even on sale! Now how great is that??

I bought them and thought they looked really good on the outside and … well… unfortunately.. you get them home and start slicing them only to find them almost white inside… so understandably I was skeptical…

To my surprise they were great! Just as I started slicing them I could smell that sweet strawberry smell… to a strawberry lover like me.. it was pure heaven.

So now the question remained .. what to do with them… I had ladyfingers that I had gotten for something else… had mascarpone in the fridge… and heavy cream… so Strawberry Tiramisu it was.

This recipe was adapted from a Raspberry Tiramisu (another great idea)… from Giada ..

TIPS

I actually cut the recipe in half because I didn’t have enough lady fingers on hand… and besides there is just two of us and I didn’t want to be eating this for a week… okay… two days.. let’s be real… Warren could have finished it in one night… so my point is… this recipe cuts in half just fine.

I lined a baking pan with foil so it would lift out easily… it also stores well that way also… doing this recipe up in a glass bowl would be good too… but then you would be scooping it out.. not cutting a piece… looks nice in a bowl.. like a trifle.. but after that.. the presentation goes downhill… so it’s your choice what to use.

I used Polaner All Fruit.. it works perfectly.

The ladyfingers did not fit snugly in the pan.. so I just placed them in the middle and layered the dessert.. it lifted out easily when I lined the pan with foil (see tip 2).

I used a long serrated bread knife to cut it… slow sawing motions cut it perfectly.

I hope you try this… don’t expect leftovers (see tip 1).






Recipe: Strawberry Tiramisu

All you need:

2 pkg. ladyfingers
1 cup Polaner Strawberry All-Fruit
4 tablespoons Grand Marnier, divided
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Mascarpone, softened
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large package fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced

All you have to do:

In a small bowl mix the Polaner All fruit with 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier. Reserve 2 tablespoons and set aside (to spread on very top of the strawberries.

In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks.

In a medium bowl, mix the mascarpone with 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier.

Stir ¼ of the whipped cream into the Mascarpone mixture. Then fold the rest of the whipped cream into it.

Split the ladyfingers open. Place half the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.

Spread half of the All Fruit mixture on the ladyfingers.

Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the All Fruit.

Layer half the sliced strawberries over the mascarpone mixture.

Repeat layers starting with the lady fingers again. Then the All Fruit, then the mascarpone mixture, then top with remaining strawberries. Brush the strawberries with the reserved All Fruit mixture.

Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup