How to Make Cinnamon Sugar


Cinnamon Sugar is a handy little mixture that I sprinkle on foods like French Toast, fruits, toppings, whipped cream, desserts and I even sprinkle it on buttered toast… just to name a few things I use it on. It’s also great as a quick little addition to some recipes… my recent post for Perfect Peach Cobbler had it in there.

You can buy it already mixed … you find it in the spice section of the grocery store… I bought it originally… until I had one of those “duh” moments as I was getting ready to throw it in the cart… why am I doing this??? … did I even look at the price??... when I thought about how little it would cost to make it… I decided I was nuts for buying it… I can make my own.

When I list it in a recipe.. I usually list in the TIPS section how to make it.. but it suddenly occurred to me that it might be helpful to list it on its own so you can readily find it and make it when you may want to add it to one of your own recipes…. so here it is…

First, a few of tips…

TIPS

I keep some of the cinnamon sugar mixture in an air-tight jar with a wide enough opening to fit a measuring spoon so it’s easy to use when I need to measure out what I need. I also keep some in a small jar that has a top suitable for sprinkling.

When one of my spice jars is empty, I wash it out and use it for spice mixes that I make or sugar mixes like this one that I want to sprinkle. If you do this.. make sure the jar is completely dry before filling it. You can also purchase empty jars with “sprinkle-friendly” tops at kitchen stores.

Use a wire whisk to mix the sugar and cinnamon, it will evenly mix the two together.

I made ½ cup batches of sugar…. I used ½ cup sugar (8 Tablespoons) and 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (8 teaspoons)… see my pages for the Dry Measure Equivalents in Cooking chart for help in converting tablespoons and teaspoons to easier larger measures. Page links are at the top of this blog.... or click this link to get to the original post with the Dry Measure Equivalents Chart in it.

Use a funnel to make it easier to get the sugar into the smaller jar.

I hope you find this helpful!






Recipe: Cinnamon Sugar

All you need:

1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Small clean air-tight jar(s)

All you need to do:

Decide how many times you want to multiply this basic recipe to fill your little jar(s).




In a small bowl…mix the sugar and cinnamon using a wire whisk.









When completely mixed, fill your jar(s) and store them in a cool dark place.






No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup