Dry Measure Equivalents in Cooking


I have this handy dandy little chart I’d like to share with you… it gives you Dry Measure Equivalents in Cooking….

I am constantly altering recipes to fit the number of servings I need…. a lot of recipes start out being servings for 3, 4 or even 6… well… we’re two of us.. and while we love leftovers… we don’t want them from every meal… so I do a little arithmetic and alter the recipes…

If you follow this blog… you know I make most of my own seasoning blends… Taco, Fajita, Chili and Cajun Seasoning… to name a few…. those start out small… and I increase the quantities to make up enough to fill small jars… so they’re ready to go whenever I need them…

The Equivalents chart makes things a lot easier … I just multiply out the quantities to however many times the recipe I want….then I convert them to the larger measures to make measuring a snap and I’m done in minutes…

I put this chart on one of my “pages” at the top of the blog … so you can easily use this reference whenever you need it… just put me on your favorites and when you want to use the chart…pop back!

I hope you find this helpful!






Some Common Dry Measure Equivalents in Cooking are:




These are two additional common terms of dry measure used in cooking:

2 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

FANTASTIC!!! I'm printing this off, thank you.

Linda said...

You are most welcome.

Thanks for stopping by!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup