St. Patrick’s Day Menu Ideas


I went through the archives and found a few recipes you may want to consider for your menu on St. Patrick’s Day. I remember last year when I did some research on the subject of St. Patrick’s Day I found out that Corned Beef and Cabbage dinners are not traditional in Ireland… which was a surprise… the articles went on to talk about other foods more common in Ireland…. which was really okay with me.

Don’t get me wrong I like Corned Beef and Cabbage… just not a lot. I’m not crazy about boiled plain potatoes either unless they’re drowned in butter…

So this year I decided to post a few ideas that might be an alternative to the standard Corned Beef and Cabbage… and what’s to say the whole meal will have to be “Irish”. When my son was growing up … I would make a special dish … maybe a dessert to celebrate a holiday… it was my way of making a weeknight a little more special.

So here are some ideas for you…









Cream of Cabbage Soup- a delicious addition to any meal







Irish Soda Bread – wonderful with a meal… sliced and toasted with butter for breakfast … or even a snack… an easy fool-proof recipe






Shepherd’s Pie- always a great meal.. a perfect dish to go with that Irish Soda Bread







Reuben Sandwich - for those of you like me… who really like Corned Beef.. and don’t want the whole Corned Beef and Cabbage meal….maybe make it a sandwich (photo by Sargento..the cheese people.. best cheese you can get for a sandwich)







Fried Cabbage with Bacon and Onions – a whole lot tastier than just boiled cabbage.







Frosted Irish Cream Brownies - all I can say is .. they are to die for







Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse – so easy and so good!

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup