Baked Crab Rangoon


Chinese New Year will be starting at the end of this month so I thought I would post one of my favorite recipes to get you in the mood.  Don't get take out... make your own.. it's easy and delicious!

Crab Rangoon are deep fried wontons stuffed with a cream cheese, crab and scallion mixture. If you’ve never had them… you really need to try them.

At one of my previous jobs we would order Chinese food for lunch sometimes and the local restaurant where we would place our order would send free Crab Rangoons with our order… we were positively addicted to them.

Recently I came across a recipe at Kraft that baked them instead of deep frying them… I thought what a great idea… so I decided to use their baking method with my recipe… we loved them!

These are quick and easy to make.. they’re perfect as a quick snack or with a meal… a great little addition to a party too…

TIPS

My oven is accurate… so baking them at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes is exactly how long I baked them… BUT… I strongly suggest you watch them… they brown quickly and I have no doubts they would have burned quickly had I not been there to take them out when they were golden brown.

My mini chopped was in the dishwasher when I made mine… so my plan to mix the ingredients in the chopper was nixed… I chopped them myself and mixed the ingredients with a fork in a small bowl… it worked fine… just make sure your cream cheese is soft…

I nuked my cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften it quickly.

You can find won ton wrappers in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store.




This recipe will make about 24 Crab Rangoon.

These are delicious and are far more heart healthy than deep frying them … not to mention easier and clean-up was a snap.







PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Baked Crab Rangoon

All you need:

Won ton wrappers
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
¼ cup finely chopped imitation crab meat or fresh or canned crab meat
Spray cooking oil

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray cooking oil lightly a regular size muffin tin(s).

Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.

In a small bowl combine cream cheese, green onions and crab.

Drop a rounded measuring teaspoon of the crab mixture into each won ton wrapper.

Bake for about 11-13 minutes or until golden brown… watch them closely … they will go from golden brown to burned very quickly.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup