Recipe: Banana Pie


This recipe for Banana Pie is different from all the others… but one I think you will love. First, let me say this… I know I’ve posted a few no-bake pies lately… but they really happen to travel well… are perfect for last minute company or last minute invites to a BBQ… and I wanted to be sure to get them all posted for you to chose the one that’s right for you.

For those of you who have no interest in these no-bake pies… take heart… lots of different recipes and tips are coming.. so bear with me… and peruse the archives… there are over 1,000 recipes and tips that surely more than one will trip your trigger.

Now back to the Banana Pie… this has a really light banana flavor… and topped with Chantilly Cream… the banana flavor blends so well with the light vanilla flavor in the whipped cream… a truly delicious combination.

The “different” part of this pie… it uses cream cheese and sour cream… but unlike the other no-bake cream cheese pies.. it really doesn’t taste like a cheese pie… but it does give it a wonderful consistency and balances out the sweetness just perfectly.

I like bananas… but I’m not as nuts about them as Warren and Bubba (you remember… my taste tester)… yes… Bubba loves bananas… shares one with Warren most mornings… and well.. whipped cream is always a favorite… so this recipe passed my taste testers with flying colors.

TIPS

I made the pie and refrigerated it.. for at least 6 to 8 hours… cutting it is a snap.. if you’re impatient .. you may have a challenge cutting a clean slice … it’s best to let it set-up.

It’s very important to have very soft cream cheese.. to soften it fast.. see my instructions here.

I didn’t top the pie with the whipped cream.. instead, I topped each slice… I like softer whipped cream (Chantilly Cream) and prefer homemade over Cool Whip … I do think it will cut easier and make a better presentation if you make the whipped cream just before serving and top each slice.

If you need the recipe for Chantilly Cream… click here… it’s quick and easy.






Recipe: Banana Pie

All you need:

1 graham cracker pie shell
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 ½ cups sour cream
¼ cup heavy cream
1 small pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELLO instant banana pudding
Chantilly Cream

All you need to do:

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.

Add the remaining ingredients and beat at low to medium speed until well mixed and smooth.

Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust, smoothing top.

Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours.

Remove from fridge just before serving.

Top each slice with Chantilly Cream.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup