Eggplant Parmigiano for a Crowd

Tip of the Day

Eggplant Parmigiano is an excellent addition to a buffet or just a great dish for entertaining because it can be mostly prepared in advance.

The way I make it…. I follow the instructions (dredging in flour, dipping in egg, dredging in bread crumbs...frying or baking) .....up to the last baking…. instead of baking it with the tomato sauce and cheese in a 9x13 pan… I use a large baking pan …. a cookie sheet would work too…. I cover the bottom lightly with tomato sauce and lay each slice individually … do not overlap… then I carefully spoon some sauce on each slice… and I mound the cheese on each slice…. I then bake at 350 degrees F. until the cheese is melted and starts to brown….

You can prep this all the way up to baking it… then pop them in the oven shortly before you need them… or do the last step an hour or so before the party and keep them warm….

I then remove them to serving platters… or those large aluminum pans (the throwaway kind) if I don’t have enough platters…keeping each slice separate… maybe overlapping slightly but making it easy for guests to take how ever many slices they want.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup