Chocolate Eclair in a Jar




Chocolate Eclair in a Jar........ OMG these are good! Close your eyes and you think you're eating a chocolate eclair... I swear!
I love desserts in a jar... So easy to make ahead for a gathering.... and I love the fact I can stack them in the fridge and dessert doesn't take over my fridge.
TIPS
The first and most important tip.... unfortunately... you must.. I repeat must.... let them set in the fridge overnight... the graham crackers need time to absorb the moisture from the pudding and soften... because once they soften.. something miraculous happens.. they begin to taste like pastry...
I break apart the graham crackers for the bottom.. but for the top.. I just break off the tiny corner tips of the graham cracker and slip it on top of the pudding.. so it's flat...the ganache lays nicer on top when you do it that way.
I tried them with vanilla pudding.. and French vanilla pudding.. and I must tell you... French vanilla takes it to a whole new level...
I use non-fat milk to make the pudding... just a habit.. and a calorie and fat saving.. which is always a good thing!
To make the faux pastry cream.. you can use my original recipe for it.. or ... you can use light Cool Whip with the pudding... for this recipe I'd recommend you use the light Cool Whip.. it works perfectly fine for this and .. again.. there's a calorie and fat saving... so why not?
Don't fill the jar too much.. you don't want the top touching the lid... otherwise when you take the lid off the ganache is on the lid .. not the eclair... been there done that!
In order to get that chocolate ganache... simply use canned frosting... and put some in a small bowl and nuke it in the microwave for about 20 seconds... stir and continue microwaving until it has melted and is runny... that's it!  ... I only melt what I need... and store the rest of the frosting in the fridge until I need more.
I set the grahams and pudding in the jar... put the lid on them and let them set overnight.. I do the ganache after the graham has softened... it's quick and easy.... then I replace the lid and pop them in the fridge.... and they are done!.... ready to serve as soon as the ganache cools and thickens.
I melt the chocolate frosting 2 tablespoons at a time.. so I don't waste any... use what I need... and make more as I need it.
Yes...  I replaced the lid as soon as I put the runny ganache on them.. it wasn't all that hot.. and I didn't get any condensation on the inside of the lid.
Make as few or as many as you like... this recipe will 6 desserts.
This is yummmmmmmmmy!






Recipe:  Chocolate Eclair in a Jar
All you need:
6 clean wide mouth jars with a lid
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) JELL-O Instant French Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cups fat free (skim) milk
1 cup light Cool Whip
Can Milk Chocolate Frosting
Graham Crackers
All you need to do:
Break a graham cracker squares into pieces.... I used about a square and  a half for the bottom of each jar.
I mixed the milk and the pudding mix... beat it for 2 minutes.. let it set in the bowl for 5 minutes until thickened.
Spoon the pudding into the jars... the pudding should divide pretty evenly between the 6 jars...
Break off the corners of a graham cracker square... and gently push it into the jar... to it is on top of the pudding... making sure it stays dry on top... place the lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight.
Melt a small amount of canned frosting in a microwavable bowl and microwave until melted and runny *See TIPS
Put about a coffee teaspoon or two on top of the grahm in each jar.. replace the lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup