Recipe: Russian Dressing


My Mother made Russian Dressing regularly…. Although her recipe differs slightly from the one I’ve been using in recent years.. the overall taste is very similar… I like my Russian Dressing with a little bite to it… and have added a bit of horseradish to my recipe as well as sour cream and a little pickle relish…. She always chopped hard-boiled egg into hers… I didn’t add it to this recipe.

This recipe is a slight variation to the famous Zingerman recipe… I used shallots instead of onion… I used sweet pickle relish instead of dill pickle… I used only a few drops of hot sauce and a splash of Worcestershire Sauce otherwise the recipe is pretty much the same as theirs.

TIPS

Most recipes use onion.. I use a shallot… I like the taste of shallots better.. they aren’t as strong in flavor as onions… you can use either.

I used horseradish sauce instead of straight horseradish… the sauce has a smoother flavor.. you can find it by the mustards or by the deli in the grocery store.

You can find chili sauce by the ketchup in the grocery store… I use Heinz brand.

I use Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise… I don’t recommend you use salad dressing.

I use curly parsley not Italian flat parsley for this.

This recipe is so easy and so good.. after tasting it.. you won’t buy it again.






PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Russian Dressing

All you need:

1 small shallot, finely chopped
¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup chili sauce
1 tablespoon pickle relish
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon dry mustard
A few drops of Tabasco
Splash of Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ teaspoons horseradish sauce
3 tablespoons sour cream
Splash of lemon juice
½ teaspoon sugar

All you have to do:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup