Recipe: Philly Alfredo Sauce


This recipe for Philly Alfredo Sauce is a quick an easy variation on an Alfredo Sauce. I had heard about the recipe from the folks at Philadelphia Cream Cheese and wanted to try it. I’m always open to trying new things… the sauce was actually very good.

I have made a low fat version before… I posted that recipe a couple of years ago… Slimmed Down Fettuccini Alfredo.. which is also very good.

I was making a Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccini Alfredo and didn’t want to make the Classic Alfredo ... heart stopping fat laden version… so I decided to try their sauce recipe.. glad I did!

TIPS

I didn’t have a tub of whipped cream cheese (that's what the "official" recipe called for).. so I substituted a brick of cream cheese… it worked fine…

If using a brick, I would recommend you soften it first in the microwave… for instructions see my post How to Soften Cream Cheese Quickly… also use a wire whisk to whisk it smooth.

I hope you try this quick and easy Alfredo Sauce!






Recipe: Philly Alfredo Sauce

All you need:

8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1 cup Parmesan cheese
A pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper

All you need to do:


Heat the cream cheese, milk and parmesan cheese to a boil in a non-stick pot, whisking constantly.

Add the seasonings.





Now how easy is that??

3 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Sounds likea winner!

Linda said...

It was pretty good... of course not quite as good as the real thing.. but then again.. I'm not used to the richness of the real thing anymore.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jumesha said...

i used evaporated milk, and a little garlic powder. super creamy and yummy! thanks for the recipe!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup