Recipe: Parmesan Roasted Green Beans


I don’t know about you but I’m always on the look-out for a good sde dish recipe.. especially vegetables… not because we don’t like plain vegetables…. We just get tired of the same thing over and over…

This recipe for Parmesan Roasted Green Beans is a quick and easy way to spruce up green beans… a perfect side to grilled meats.

This terrific green bean recipe is one I've made for years... but forgot about it... and noticed it recently on the Food Network website by Tyler Florence ... I'm glad he reminded me of it... this recipe is tops!

TIPS

My green beans did not really crisp up that much… but they were delicious…

These take minutes to prepare and just might help to get that picky eater to eat their green beans!






Recipe: Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

All you need:

Fresh green beans
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with foil (optional – just easier for clean-up).

Place the green beans in a large bowl.

Drizzle a little live oil over the green beans.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Toss the green beans to coat them evenly.

Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the green beans.

Toss again… to coat the beans evenly with the Parmesan cheese.

Lay the green beans in a single layer on the foil lined baking sheet.

Bake until the cheese melts and the beans turn a light golden brown…. (the picture above does not do it justice.. they were a pale tan color)or until desired crispiness.

10 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Beanies are peak for us right now, have cleaned about 10 lbs in last 3 days, thx for this recipe, will give it a try:)

Unknown said...

WOW! this sounds so good Green beans are one of my favorite veggies and I'm always looking for new ways to spruce up my favorite veggies, I am truly going to try this one, thanks!

Linda said...

Ahhh Sue... I'm jealous.. you must have a garden... I miss somethings about NY... the farmstands for one.. and the ability to have a nice garden... it's just too hot down in south Georgia to have one and what people think is great produce here... they have NO idea just what you can get in other parts of the country... enjoy! The recipe is a great little one.

Linda said...

Thanks for stopping by Neicy... and I love beans too!... can never have too many recipes for veggies! I hope you enjoy the recipe!

Unknown said...

Linda I tried this recipe today with the long string beans and girrrrrrrrrrrrl it was slammin' lol who would have thought to sprinkle some parmesan cheese on them I will be cooking these from now on thanks!

Linda said...

Fabulous! I love it when someone tries my recipes and loves it! So glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be trying this recipe! I have a ton of green beans in my garden and am always looking for new ways to make them!

I'll post my results on my blog, wwww.itsakeeper.wordpress.com, and I'll be sure to link back to your blog!

Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

it's just too hot down in south Georgia to have one and what people think is great produce here... they have NO idea just what you can get in other parts of the country... enjoy!
I live in NC now (lived on LI my whole life)and the Lexington Farmers market in the old train depot is great! We also have a farm down the street that has a store that you can buy fresh veggies,jams & jellies... Our beans are doing great just picked 40 or so today! This recipie was delicious, i make this with potatoes, never thought to use beans it was delish, thanx.

Linda said...

Terrific! Glad you liked the recipe.. and thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I finally tried this recipe and it's TO DIE FOR! I'll never make plain old green beans again!

The only thing I did differently was add garlic.

I've posted my results and a link to your blog on my blog:

http://itsakeeper.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/parmesan-roasted-green-beans/

Thanks again for a great recipe!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup