Recipe: Zesty Deviled Eggs




I have been making these for years… I like deviled eggs and this recipe, with a little horseradish and Cheddar cheese in it, has a little twist to make it different. If I’m making a buffet I usually try to include deviled eggs… they go with virtually everything and they’re easy and cheap to make.

When you chop the fresh parsley…I use my mini chopper… it seems to get the parsley finer than I can hand chopping with a knife…. and I think the parsley needs to be finely chopped for this recipe.

For mayonnaise, I always use Hellmans… any brand will work… I just like Hellmans the best.

Try these…you’ll like them.

Zesty Deviled Eggs Recipe

All you need:

12 eggs, hard boiled
1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
4 tablespoons mayonnaise, salad dressing or half-and-half
2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Paprika (optional)
Tiny cooked shrimp, sliced olives, sliced pimentos or chopped parsley for garnish

All you need to:

Peel eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.

Pop out the yolks and put in a medium bowl.

Mash the yolks with a fork.

Add the Cheddar cheese, parsley, mayonnaise, horseradish, dry mustard, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.

Using heaping teaspoons, fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.

Sprinkle with paprika (optional).

Garnish with shrimp, sliced olives or sliced pimentos if desired.

Makes 24 servings.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup