List #1

Tip of the Day:

A Word About Planning....

Planning, planning, and more planning makes for the least stressful and most successful holiday season. I make lists. I am legendary for my lists…. well actually my Mother is legendary… I’m a novice compared to her. While spontaneity sounds nice, I personally think it adds to stress and chaos and in more cases than not, a more expensive event. The person who came up with the word was obviously not in charge of events or parties. I do know people that can be spontaneous and successful… but it’s rare.

My first list is what I call a list of possible ideas for the party…. as I think of them or come across them, a recipe I have previously used and liked, a new idea from the hoards of holiday magazines to something new I’ve had at another party… I list it all. A word of advice, next to the item, I list the source (where I have the recipe or decoration idea)… it saves time and energy later should it make the final list. Even if the list is a mile long… it doesn’t matter… in fact the longer my list is, the easier it actually is to finally decide on a menu and everything else about the party. The beauty of the list is that once it’s on the list, I don’t have to think about it until I sit down to sort it out and make decisions about what will make the final cut.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup