Quick and Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes


 
I debated whether or not to post this recipe… it really is so basic and easy…. but I decided to… because I had never tried it until I had supper at my brother’s house and my sister-in-law’s Mom made these.  They were so good… and watching my son dig into them.. I just had to try the recipe.. I have been making them ever since.
The potatoes get a nice little crispy crust on the outside and tender on the inside… all with a nice onion flavor.
This recipe for Oven Roasted Potatoes is from Lipton.  I have Lipton Onion Soup mix in the cupboard for a quick onion dip and never really looked at the package for the other recipes … until this one.. now I look.. I've used their recipes on other things all with great success.
TIPS
I use olive oil… I like the taste and feel of olive oil as opposed to vegetable oil.. so that’s how I wrote the recipe.. by all means.. substitute vegetable oil if you prefer.
The oil quantity is from their recipe… I usually eyeball the amount and drizzle on enough oil to generously coat the potatoes.. I believe I use a lot less than the called for quantity.
Any type of potato will be fine.. Russets are heartier and may take a little longer to roast… when I use red potatoes.. I start checking them about 10 minutes before the timer goes off… they’re done when tender and golden.
Red potatoes make a really nice presentation.  I also use a little more than the recipe calls for… I’ve never had an issue with the amount of dry mix being enough.
This is really a brilliant shortcut.. and everyone I have ever served them to has loved them and taken seconds.. try it!






Recipe:  Quick and Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
All you need:
1 package Lipton Onion Soup and Dip mix
1/3 cup (or less) olive oil  *See TIPS
4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks *See TIPS
All you need to do:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, coat the potatoes with the oil.  Empty the dry mix over the potatoes and toss the potatoes to evenly coat them.
Turn the potatoes out onto a non-stick baking pan.
Roast for about 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup