Recipe: Easy Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Casserole


This quick and easy recipe is one of those with Cream of Chicken Soup… I know.. am I embarrassed that I cook with Cream of Chicken Soup?… to put it lightly.. notta chance. It may not be gourmet .. but everyone loves it… and isn’t that what really counts?

Now doesn't that look just yummy? It was!

TIPS

I used one can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup and one can of Cream of Chicken Mushroom. The latter is hard to find.. at least here in our little slice of heaven… I pick it up whenever I see it… you can use two cans of Cream of Chicken. I don’t use Cream of Mushroom in this casserole.. I like a chickeny (like that word?... you get the idea) flavor… but you certainly can use it if you really want to.

I used the lower fat variety of the soup.

The recipe calls for Fat Free half and Half… the stuff is great… I always have somein the fridge… if you don’t .. sub milk for it.

I used a bottle of sliced mushrooms… you can use fresh.. but this is easier… for sure.

The only seasoning I used this time was a little minced onion.. you can add whatever floats your boat.. a suggestion is a sprinkling of dried thyme… it gives it a really nice flavor.

You don’t have to thaw the veggies or cook the chicken first.

The idea behind this meal is to give the family something they like and give you the night off… well not totally off… but really.. how long does it take to throw it all in a big bowl… mix and pour into a casserole dish….

Oh and speaking of casserole dishes… use one around the size of a 13 x 9… I always put it on a baking sheet in case it bubbles over.. mine didn’t.. but that’s because I had the baking sheet under it… if I hadn’t done that.. I’d be cleaning my oven now.

Serve this over noodles… with some cranberry sauce on the side.. and ta da! … supper is on the table!






Recipe: Easy Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Casserole

All you need:

2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup *see TIPS
1 can Cream of Chicken Mushroom Soup
½ cup Fat Free Half and Half
Sprinkling of dried minced onion
1 small jar of sliced mushrooms
1 small bag of Bird’s Eye Mixed Vegetables
1 can of whole potatoes, drained and quartered
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 small can of French’s French Fried Onions (for topping)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (for topping)
Hot buttered noodles

All you have to do:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix together the soups, fat free half and half, and minced onion.
Add the ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the French’s Onions and mix well.

Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle the other ½ cup of cheddar cheese over the top.

Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly and chicken is cooked through.

Sprinkle the French’s French Fried Onions on top.

Serve over hot buttered noodles.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup