Recipe: Easy Potato Chips


This easy, easy, easy recipe for Potato Chips is … well.. so easy.. did I mention how easy it is to make these Potato Chips?

AND there is hardly any clean-up… no pot of hot oil to clean up or slave over… too good to be true? Not so! These are made in the microwave.

TIPS

I’ve seen some recipes that dip the chips in oil… I wanted to lower the fat a bit… so instead I spray the plate with cooking oil spray and then give the tops of the potato slices a quick spray… in my opnion they weren’t greasy at all.

You can use a mandolin or do as I did.. I used my food processor.. they came out perfectly thin..

Use as many potatoes as you like… I would figure one large potato makes two servings.. depends on how much you like potato chips.

You can use Russets or Yukon Golds… both work really well.

I peeled mine.. but you don’t have to …

The first batch.. keep an eye on it.. every microwave is different… you want to catch them just as they are starting to brown in spots. They usually take between 5-7 minutes… older ovens may take longer. After that you know just how long to microwave them... and it's a snap!

I removed them from the plate and placed them on a rack for a few minutes so I could reuse the plate. You don’t have to spray the plate between each batch, just spray it if you see it doesn’t have a film of oil on it.

Serve this with homemade Onion Dip… just delicious!






Recipe: Easy Potato Chips

All you need:

Potatoes, sliced very thin
Olive oil cooking spray
Salt

All you need to do:

Lightly spray a microwaveable plate with olive oil cooking spray.

Lay potato slices on the plate, do not overlap.

Lightly spray the slices with the cooking oil spray.

Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until they begin to brown in spots.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool. (This only takes a few minutes)

Sprinkle with salt.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup