Recipe: Green Bean Casserole


I think everyone has heard of and had the famous “Green Bean Casserole” … I know we had it almost every holiday when I was growing up…. what I find surprising…and maybe it’s just my Mother did it slightly differently… but when searching Green Bean Casserole… out of curiosity …. I found the “official” recipe to be different than my Mother’s… not a lot different… just a bit.

We never thinned the canned soup with milk…. and we never added soy sauce…. and we always used canned French style green beans not frozen cut green beans… which appears to be in the Campbell’s Kitchens recipe. So with that said…. here is our recipe for the Classic Green Bean Casserole…

TIPS

My Mother always used one can of French style green beans drained…. You can use cut green beans… however.. the texture will differ than my recipe.

We always used canned green beans and drained them.. you can use frozen or fresh green beans… some recipes cook them first.. some don’t… I recommend that you cook them first otherwise they will be very chewy…

You can use either 98% fat free or regular condensed cream of mushroom soup.. either will work well.

Depending on how much you want to make…. and how many people you’re feeding… just increase the recipe as needed… it doubles easily.

You can never have too many French’s French Fried Onions.

The Fried Onions now come in a Cheddar Cheese flavor… which I bought by accident and was upset that I didn’t have the regular ones… until I tried it… they’re great!

I hope you like our version of this great classic!






PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Green Bean Casserole

All you need:

1 can French Style green beans, drained

1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup

French’s French Fried Onions

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl mix together the soup and the drained green beans.

OPTIONAL: You can mix in about ½ cup of Fried Onions.

Pour mixture into a small baking dish.

Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly along the sides.

Sprinkle Fried Onions over the top and return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup