Recipe: Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese



I love strawberries… I have always loved strawberries… even as a kid I thought it was a treat to eat them… so when I saw a strawberry salad on a café game that I play.. I thought… sure why not?

I found a recipe by Rachael Ray but it didn’t totally ring my chimes… so I set about making my own version…. the result?... pure heaven for a strawberry lover like me.

TIPS

You can use a different salad green but I urge you to try the spinach called for in the recipe.. it really does add a perfect flavor to the salad.

The dressing uses strawberry or raspberry jam… either one will work well.

If you haven’t tried goat cheese… now is the perfect time to try it… it has the consistency of cream cheese… but is a bit tangy like sour cream… the perfect accent to this salad..

The teaspoon used for the jam is a measuring teaspoon not a coffee teaspoon.

The dressing recipe makes enough for 2-3 salads depending on the size of the salad.

Quantities for the salad have been left off… it’s entirely up to you how much to make!

I know this may seem like an odd salad… but try it.. you just may discover a new salad to love!






Recipe: Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese

All you need:

For the Salad:

Fresh strawberries, cleaned hulled and cut in half
Spinach leaves
Goat cheese

For the Dressing:

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 generous teaspoons raspberry or strawberry jam
Dash of salt and pepper (to taste)

All you need to do:

Arrange spinach leaves on a plate with the strawberries on top.

In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth.

Drizzle the dressing over the spinach and strawberries.

Drop small pieces of goat cheese over the salad.

2 comments:

teacheranne27 said...

Laura strawberries and goat cheese two of my favorite things that I have never thought of combining .I just recently found goat cheese and I'm in heaven lol I never thought id like it for some reason but two weekends ago I went to a farmers market and it was so awesome and relaxing I was walking around and seen a booth for goat cheese and went over the lady was so nice and told me she had samples well I said oh yes please oh my heavens it was the most delish thing I have even eaten so yes I bought some and she took my email to let me know when she had new stock I said please let me know well I cannot wait to try this I tell all my friends you have got to try goat cheese if you have never tried it most have and agree and then the ones that haven't are like I used to be oh. No yuck I say well I used to think that I'm like really try it you might just like it if not that's fine then it more for me lol

Linda said...

Goat cheese is heavenly!... Try herbed goat cheese sometime.. delicious too!

Samples are a food adventurer's best friend for sure...

Thanks for stopping by!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup