Recipe: Quick and Easy Herbed Parmesan Flatbread


This quick and easy recipe for Herbed Parmesan Flatbread is perfect with soups, stews and salads…great for when you’re pressed for time and need to take a shortcut.

I love to bake fresh breads… but there just isn’t time during the week… so I decided to use Pillsbury Pizza dough in the can… I hadn’t used it in a long time.. I was never crazy about the quality.. but I decided to give it a try again for another recipe I was making.. and was pleasantly surprised… so I decided to experiment with making a flatbread to go with a pot of soup I was making for dinner.

We really liked it… it was easy and done in under 20 minutes… just perfect to go with a quick supper.

TIPS

I mix up a small batch (about 1 cup) of herbed Parmesan and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge… I use it for all kinds of garnishes, pizzas and quick breads…

Create a seasoned mix to your tastes… use this recipe as a guide…

Using my finger.. I made evenly spaced pokes in lines across the dough to give it that ‘foccacia look”.

I hope you try this easy bread!






Recipe: Quick and Easy Herbed Parmesan Flatbread

1 can Pillsbury Pizza Crust (not thin crust)
Olive oil cooking spray
Olive oil
Garlic powder
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
About 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (more if you like more seasoning)

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a small bowl, mix the grated cheese and Italian seasoning. Set aside.

Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray.

Unroll the can of pizza dough in the middle of the pan. Gently push the pizza dough out in all directions to about 15 inches by 9 or 10 inches.

Gently press you finger in the dough making a small dent … do this in evenly spaces dents in rows.

Brush the dough lightly with olive oil.

Sprinkle the dough lightly with garlic powder then the herbed grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown. (Mine took about 14 minutes)

Allow to cool enough to handle… and cut into squares.

Serve warm.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup