Recipe: Oven Fried Chicken Fingers


This quick and easy recipe for Oven Fried Chicken Fingers is a basic crumb coating that you bake instead of frying…. simply that.

I like oven frying… especially chicken…. because I like to pick and choose what I “splurge” on…. I like sour cream … and I like to cook with whole milk… and I use butter sometimes… and sometimes I fry… but … I do change my cooking method to save on fat if I think it produces a really good result… and “oven frying” chicken or pork is one of them.

Warren likes Shake n Bake… and I admit.. I do too… some of the “flavors” have quite a bit of salt in them.. and those we tend to avoid… but their basic formula is a good one. I use this recipe if I’m out of it or if I want to change the flavors up a little… which you can easily do by adding different spices.

I do a couple of things that help make it more “fry’ like and less dry…

TIPS

I always line my baking pan with non-stick foil…. this ensures the breading won’t stick and peel off.

I always spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray… AND… after laying the crumbed chicken pieces on the foil.. I give them a quick spray with the olive oil cooking spray. This gives just the bread crumbs a little amount of oil to moisten it… otherwise I find that since there is little fat in boneless skinless chicken, the breading would be dry.

I wrote the recipe to say either cornflake crumbs… (which I purchase… I don’t crush my own.. I find the crumbs to be coarser than anything I have ever been able to do… and makes for a crispier coating)… or you can use plain bread crumbs… I find those are good but not as crispy as cornflake crumbs.

You can add other spices to suit your tastes or needs… some examples are chili powder, dried parsley or sage, or Italian seasoning. I would recommend you use plain bread crumbs with those spices.

This recipe will coat about 6-8 good sized chicken fingers.

This is a quick and easy way to make chicken fingers, so much better than what you can find in the freezer section already prepared. I hope you try it!







Recipe: Oven Fried Chicken Fingers

All you need:

6-8 good sized chicken fingers
1 cup cornflake crumbs or plain bread crumbs
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon flour
A sprinkling of paprika
A sprinkling of salt and pepper
Olive oil cooking spray

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil. Spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs, flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.

Mix with a wire whisk until completely mixed.

Moisten the chicken under running cold tap water, one at a time.

Roll the wet chicken piece in the crumb mixture and place it on the prepared baking sheet.

When all the chicken has been crumbed and placed on the baking sheet, lightly spray the chicke with olive oil cooking spray.

Bake for 15 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup