Recipe: Ham and Pineapple Pizza


I love fruit, especially pineapple so a Ham and Pineapple Pizza is right up my alley. Warren wrinkled his nose at it…. and sniffed… "pineapple has no business on pizza"… big sigh… oh well.. more for me.

This is perfect for family pizza night… make the dough recipe and make a large and a smaller… different pizza.. so everyone can have different kinds. My pizza dough recipe will make a large and a 10 inch pizza… baking time will be the same for both sizes.

I was surprised to find that tomato pizza sauce is on this pizza as well… I thought it would be odd… but nevertheless… I tried it…. and I really liked it.

The recipe for Ham and Pineapple Pizza is basic… this is my pizza recipe.. just the toppings have changed.

TIPS

I buy ham steaks fairly frequently to use in recipes.. and this one was no different… just chop it into small cubes.

For the pineapple… I used Del Monte Fruit Naturals Pineapple Chunks… they come in small 7 oz. individual serving size containers .. you’ll find them in the refrigerated section of the produce department in the grocery store. I like them because they have a really extended expiration date and are always sweet.

I cut the chunks in half to make it easier to eat on a pizza.

I used my homemade pizza dough recipe… you can use yours or buy a pre-made package of pizza dough.

This was just yummy!






Recipe: Ham and Pineapple Pizza

All you need:

Pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
Pizza sauce, homemade or store bought
Ham, cut into small cubes
Pineapple
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Olive oil cooking oil spray

All you have to do:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Prepare your pizza pan and place your dough in the pizza pan. (follow direction on your store bought dough or follow my instructions in my pizza recipe).

Pierce the dough all over with a fork (leaving an inch border around the edge)
Spread pizza sauce lightly all over the dough leaving an inch border.

NOTE: In the past I’ve made a crust by folding over some dough around the edge… you can do that or… you can just leave a border… the border will puff up… if you really like crust .. do it the original way.. if you prefer less crust.. then just leave a border.

Generously sprinkle the pizza sauce with ham cubes, then pineapple cubes, then shredded mozzarella cheese.

Lightly spray the cheese with olive oil cooking oil spray. (This will aid in melting the cheese).

Bake for 20-25 minutes … you want the crust lightly toasted, the cheese melted and the topping hot… the time given is pretty accurate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're close to my favorite, which is sauceless, with Italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives, and onions. It's not a pizza without pineapple!!!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup