Recipe: Ricotta Cappuccino


This fabulous dessert is so quick and easy… and oh soooo good. Ricotta Cappuccino is a classic Italian dessert.. I found it by watching Giada on the Food Network… I saw it quite a while ago and listed on my “To Do” list… and just got around to finally trying it… all I can say is.. WOW!

I lost my notes from when I watched the show and just figured I would find it online… it took me forever to find it… I had the name slightly wrong and all I kept coming up with were desserts that sounded good but not the one I wanted. The upside to all that searching is that I found a bunch more recipes for my “To Do” list… and if they’re half as good as this one… we’ll be in dessert heaven.

TIPS

I used my processor to make this… you can use a blender if you don’t have a processor… make sure you process or blend it well.. it will smooth out the graininess of the ricotta.

The original recipe uses a vanilla bean.. I used vanilla extract… the price of vanilla beans has skyrocketed and I rarely purchase them anymore… while I love them… I don’t love them $15 (US) for 3 worth… but I do recommend you use a good quality vanilla extract.

The equivalent for a vanilla bean pod to vanilla extract is one inch of vanilla bean pod to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

I found chocolate biscotti… one side of the biscotti has a thin layer of dark chocolate… it was a fabulous choice.

Giada’s recipe says to spoon into small coffee cups… mine were not small… while it looked great… it really was too rich to double the size of the dessert… I definitely recommend you use small dessert glasses for this.

The recipe calls for 1 biscotti… I used 3… it’s up to you how much you want to use.

This is a terrific special occasion dessert that requires little time and no expertise… and it will definitely impress.

Beware… this dessert is addicting!







Recipe: Ricotta Cappuccino

All you need:

½ cup sugar
½ vanilla bean OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
½ tablespoon instant espresso powder
1-3 (3-inch) biscotti, crushed *see tips
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of cocoa

All you need to do:

Process or blend the sugar and vanilla.

Add the ricotta and espresso powder and process or blend until smooth.

Spoon mixture into 4 small glass dessert glasses or coffee cups.

Sprinkle each with a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of cocoa.

Note: I put half the amount of ricotta mixture in the glass first then made a layer of crumbs and topped off with the remaining mixture and crumbs.

Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day.

2 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Smiles. I'm convinced. Bookmarked!!

Outside the Box said...

I made this delicious and easy dessert and my husband raved about it. I lightened it up a bit with low fat ricotta and Splenda 1/2 & 1/2.
I only used 2 Biscotti but chopped a couple of strawberries and put them in the middle layer with 1/2 the Biscotti and added 2 small slices on top for garnish. Heavenly. Thanks for your great blog. I use your recipes all the time.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup