Recipe: No-Bake Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie


This recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie is an adaptation of my regular No-Bake Cream Cheese Pie… both are really quick and easy to make and always a hit where ever I take them.

My No-Bake Cream Cheese pies differ from just about every other one you’ll find on the web… mine have sour cream in it.. I love the tang of the sour cream with the sweetness of the cream cheese.. a perfect combo.

The original plain recipe was one I got many years ago .. I think from the Ready Crust package… and seems to have all but disappeared… I have it since I’ve made these pies every summer since I first found the recipe.

TIPS

I wanted a really quick and easy chocolate addition to the pie… most recipes go through the trouble of melting chocolate … something I didn’t want to have to do… I decided to try using instant chocolate pudding… which worked very well…

You will need to add some milk or heavy cream.. I used heavy cream.. I like the velvety smoothness it gives… but you could use milk instead…

When adding the whipped topping (Cool Whip), the batter will be very thick and difficult to mix.. just keep mixing it in by hand.. it will eventually mix fine.

We really liked this… I hope you try it!







Recipe: No-Bake Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie

All you need:

1 (8 oz) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 ½ cups sour cream
¼ cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 (3.9 oz) package JELL-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
2 cups Cool Whip
1 chocolate cookie pie crust
¼ cup Oreo cookie crumbs (for garnish)

All you need to do:

In a large mixing bowl, beat with the paddle the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, pudding and heavy cream until well mixed.

Add the Cool Whip and mix with a spoon until Cool Whip is well mixed in.

Spread the mixture into the cookie pie crust.

Sprinkle with the Oreo cookie crumbs and cover.

Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup