Recipe: Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Garlic


I love vegetables… and asparagus ranks right up there with my favorites… now I need to be clear on this.. I love fresh asparagus.. not that awful canned stuff….

A while back I wrote a post all about Fresh Asparagus and various cooking methods… I did not include oven roasting… I have no idea why… but it is really easy… and quick… adds so much to a meal.. I felt I should write a post about it.. so here I am.

TIPS

Some people say using thicker asparagus makes for better oven roasting.. well to each his own I suppose.. I still prefer the thinner asparagus.. and have had no problem roasting them … you do need to reduce the roasting time for thinner ones.. but that’s about it.



I used finely chopped garlic… instead of mincing.. I chopped the garlic in my mini processor.. I just like the way it finely chops it… it’s quick and easy…




I used extra virgin olive oil… evoo to those of you that are Rachael ray devotees…. It has a higher heating temp tolerance … I always use it for roasting and grilling.

To trim the asparagus.. simply snap the bottoms off.. it will naturally snap in the correct place.

Keep an eye on them and when they are slightly brown and to desired tenderness.. they’re ready!






Recipe: Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic

All you need:

Fresh Asparagus (1 bunch)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt and pepper

All you need to do:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Rinse and dry the asparagus.

Snap off the bottoms and lay them in a single layer on a foil lined pan.



Brush generously with olive oil.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper.






Sprinkle the finely chopped garlic over the asparagus.





Roast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes for thicker asparagus and 6-7 minutes for thinner asparagus or until they are lightly browned and to desired tenderness.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup