Recipe: Chocolate Sauce


This Chocolate Sauce is my favorite … it comes from the folks at Hershey. I love Hershey chocolate.. . and this recipe is so easy… a lot of chocolate sauce recipes are complicated… using a double boiler… I hear food network chefs make a big deal of melting chocolate… I sit there and roll my eyes….honestly… I’ve never had a problem melting chocolate…. I like to do it in the microwave and I use Hershey chocolate… it comes out perfect every time.

I am a firm believer that cooking does not have to be complicated or difficult… and I try to make recipes that are tried and true… this recipe is one of them.

You can find it on their website… they call it Hershey’s Favorite Chocolate Gift Sauce….. nice idea to give it as a gift… mine never makes it out of my house.

Just a quick note…. this recipe uses evaporated milk… not sweetened condensed… there is a big difference.

Here is the recipe… it’s wonderful over cake, ice cream and desserts like my Mocha Crepes.







PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Chocolate Sauce

All you need:

½ cup ( 1 stick) butter or margarine
¾ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
1 ¾ cups sugar
Dash of salt
1 ½ cups (12 ounce can) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

All you need to do:

Place the butter in a medium sized microwaveable bowl… you could also use a 4 cup glass measuring cup.

Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 – 1 ½ minutes or until melted.

Add the cocoa, and stir until smooth.

Add the sugar, salt and evaporated milk…. stir until well blended.

Microwave on HIGH for 5 -8 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Just a note… mine rarely boils.

Beat with a whisk until smooth.

Add the vanilla and stir.

Variation: I sometimes add 2 tablespoons brewed coffee.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup