Recipe: Country Bobs Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes


This recipe for Country Bob’s Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes is my recipe, so if you don’t like it, shoot me, not him….. but I think you’ll like it. As many of my regular readers know, I like to change up recipes so that we don’t get into a boring rut. In my opinion, you can like numerous, distinctly different recipes for the same thing…. for example, I like many different Meatloaf recipes…. well ,now I have two Sloppy Joe recipes I like and hope you will too.

The official Country Bob website has recipes you can try using this product and their other products as well. I immediately thought it would make a great ingredient in a number of recipes. I love to tweak recipes to make them a little different…. the first that came to mind was my Sloppy Joe recipe. Country Bob has a “Super Sloppy Bob’s” recipe (he thought Joe had the name long enough) that sounded tasty. That recipe is made in a slow cooker…. So I decided to make a recipe that’s quick and easy and a cross between his recipe and my Sloppy Joe recipe…. and it turned out great.

I used cayenne to add a little heat to the Sloppy Joes… I used far more than 1/8 of a teaspoon… they were zippy alright …. Warren really liked the heat… I could have used less… I would recommend you start with an 1/8 of a teaspoon and then add more if you like it hotter…. remember the longer cayenne cooks… the more heat.

I hope you will try this!







PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Country Bob’s Quick and Easy Sloppy Joes

All you need:

1 ½ pound lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped red or green pepper
¾ cup Country Bob’s All-Purpose Sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
6 slices bacon, cooked medium and cut-up
Salt and pepper to taste

All you need to do:

In a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium heat.

As the meat begins to brown, break it into small pieces.

Turn to brown evenly.

Add the onions and peppers and cook until the onions are translucent.

Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.

Cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Serve on buns.

3 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

looks great, pass the sauce. I love sloppy Joes

Sherri Murphy said...

Looks really good, and oh how I enjoy a good sloppy Joe. Pass the napkins please!

Donna-FFW said...

I love sloppy joes, sounds great with the bacon.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup