Recipe: Chocolate Pudding Parfaits


This recipe for Chocolate Pudding Parfaits is a variation of, believe it or not, a dessert Warren bought me in the local hospital’s cafeteria. When I was an inpatient, sometimes the dessert on the tray was either missing (bad food service!) or just not that appetizing, so Warren went to the cafeteria and brought me this pudding concoction that was rather tasty (isn't he just the best).

I decided to post this because it really is a delicious dessert that kids will love... and well, to be honest, so will adults. It’s perfect for the family and actually makes a really nice dessert for guests too…. and it’s quick and easy…. how great is that?

I tweaked it a bit…. I use my Chantilly Cream in it… and I really recommend that you make the Chantilly Cream instead of using ordinary whipped cream, it just makes it all the more special.

You can use non-fat or low fat milk to make the chocolate pudding, in fact, non-fat milk will make the pudding creamier.

You can make the pudding from scratch… see my previously posted recipe for Chocolate Pudding, or make the pudding from a boxed mix. I know it’s very popular to make instant pudding, but I think cooked pudding is so much better…. It only takes a few minutes to make and the taste is so much more chocolatey and richer.

I hope you try this.







PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Chocolate Pudding Parfaits

All you need:

Chocolate Pudding (from scratch or boxed)
Milk (fat-free, low fat or whole), to make the pudding
Hershey’s chocolate syrup
Crushed Oreo cookies
Chantilly Cream

For the Chantilly Cream:

1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

All you need to do:

Make the chocolate pudding. Set aside and allow to cool.

When pudding is cooled, and you’re ready to assemble the dessert, make the Chantilly Cream.

Combine the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat the cream on high speed until it forms soft peaks. I do not beat it until the cream is stiff… I prefer a softer whipped cream. Watch the mixer carefully, the cream will go quickly from soft peaks to stiff.

Crush Oreo cookies in a Zip Loc bag. I crush 6 cookies for 4 servings…. The amount will depend upon how much of the cookie crumbs you want in your parfait.

To assemble the dessert:

Scoop some pudding in a glass.

Drizzle a little Hershey’s chocolate syrup over the pudding.

Scoop some Chantilly Cream on top of the syrup.

Spoon some cookie crumbs on top of the Chantilly Cream (about 1 tablespoon).

Repeat the layers.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

great sounding recipe, and I love the presentation...nice post

Donna-FFW said...

Oh how very delicious this looks.

Judy said...

This looks so delicious. I love chocolate pudding and whipped cream.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup