WELCOME!

Browse the over 1,000 recipes for the beginner to the experienced cook... with lots of photos and all with easy to follow instructions, helpful hints and tips...plus loads of information..... enjoy!







Never Miss a Post... Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Or Subscribe to Our Feeds Via a Reader

Recipe: Three Bean Salad

This recipe for Three Bean Salad is another American classic salad. Most recipes are virtually the same… some differences in beans and types of vinegar but for the most part they are all very similar. You can either use cut yellow beans or cannelloni beans.

This one is one I’ve had in my file for years… I don’t know why I don’t make it more often… it is delicious… a terrific addition to any menu. It also multiplies out easily for large crowds…. Quick and easy… what could be better?

This recipe makes about 12 servings.






Recipe: Three Bean Salad

All you need:

1 can (15-16 ounces) cut green beans, drained and rinsed or frozen, thawed
1 can (15-16 ounces) cut yellow beans or cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15-16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped red onion
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

All you need to do:

In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion and green pepper, mix thoroughly.
In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients, whisk to thoroughly mix.
Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and mix well.

Chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours before serving.

7 comments:

Coleen's Recipes June 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

I haven't had a bean salad in years, I don't know why...thanks for reminding me of a great salad!

Donna-FFW June 24, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

This bean salad sounds fantastic. Love the dressing ingredients also! Perfect summer side dish!

Judy June 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

I do love bean salad but avoid it now because of the sugar. It's great at a summer gathering because most people like it, probably because of the sugar.

girlichef June 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

I love 3 bean salad...but haven't had it in quite a while. Sounds delish :) Good to see you back!

Chris June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Sounds great! I might add just a dash of crushed red pepper to make the flavors pop.

Linda June 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Thanks for all your comments.... I'm really not back yet...I'm still on the mend... soon! I have lots planned... but first I need to get back on track health wise

figtree June 29, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Now I dont have to buy it at the salad bar!!Much Thanks Figtreeapps

.

Foodie Blogroll

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP