Recipe: Quick and Easy Salami and Provolone Pasta Salad


This recipe for Pasta Salad is so easy and quick… and best of all… it’s always a hit wherever I have taken it… church suppers… school events… parties… food days at work… it goes so well with so many foods… it’s perfect with sandwiches… and hot foods too… I had it the other night with an Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello… I posted that recipe a while back…

As I mentioned the other day, I’m cooking for one this week and most of next week… so I was looking for recipes that I could either cut back… or have a great leftover for the next night. The Stuffed Portobello works well because it’s easy just to make one… and Pasta Salad is easy to make for one too.

I keep some of my pasta in jars in my kitchen… rotini is in one of them… so all I had to do was boil water and throw a few handfuls into the water… I have a pretty small hand.. but it was three handfuls to be exact.

When I got the Genoa Salami and Provolone … I simply asked the deli clerk for 1 slice of each (each was about ¼ inch thick). I used only one tomato, cut-up and I had a small can of sliced olives… I took what I wanted and put the rest in a container in the fridge… I will use the rest for something else.

I made enough for about two servings maybe a bit more… I like it for dinner… so that’s what I’m having as I type this… there won’t be any left… trust me.

I admit I used Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing – Free… I like the flavor and the fact that it’s fat free.

You can use either Kraft’s dressing or use your own. Just add the dressing just before serving this as the dressing will eventually soak into the macaroni.. the taste is terrific.. but if you like to see the dressing on the macaroni… add it just before serving.

Enjoy!



Salami and Provolone Pasta Salad Recipe

All you need:

1 lb. box rotini macaroni
3 slices deli Genoa Salami sliced ¼ inch thick
3 slices deli Provolone sliced ¼ inch thick
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half OR 4-5 Plum (Roma) tomatoes cut-up
1 small can sliced olives
½ bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (I use fat free)

All you need to do:

Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.

Cut the provolone and salami into small cubes.

Mix all the ingredients together and then toss with the dressing.

Makes about 6 servings.

3 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Looks delightful, I can see why it would be a big hit wherever you take it.

Sherri Murphy said...

Very simple and sounds delicious!

Linda said...

Thanks! It is easy and sometimes easy can be best... you can use any Italian dressing you like... I just happen to like Kraft's Zesty Italian Free

Another great dressing is Lily's Northern Italian dressing... it's not in every market.. but if it's by you... you should try it... it's not fat free ... but worth every fat gram..

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup