Recipe: Mexican Layered Dip


I love Mexican Layered Dip… everything in it… I could sit and eat the whole thing… I don’t.. thank goodness… but I could.

All you really need to do is layer the ingredients and … voila! … it’s done.

TIPS

There are two schools of thought on its assembly…. You can use a glass dish that shows the pretty layers….. and the only way you really see the layers is if you make it deep… which makes dipping chips difficult. I prefer this method… I just put a spoon in it so my guests can scoop out a serving on their plate… this way the spoon can “catch” a little bit of each layer.

The other method is to use a shallow pan that’s longer and layer it in that… so you would have shallower layers… I honestly don’t think the presentation is as nice… and I’d rather not have people digging through a dip to get what they want with a chip.

For the guacamole you can use my recipe that I previously posted.

For the salsa.. I always use fresh salsa… never the jarred stuff… but that’s just my personal preference. Use whatever your favorite salsa is.

Just a quick point… you have to be sure to drain the fresh salsa.. otherwise your dip will get runny… I use a slotted spoon when putting it on the dip.







PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Mexican Layered Dip

All you need:

1 can refried beans
Guacamole
Chopped green onion
Sour cream
Salsa
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced olives

All you need to do:

In a clear glass bowl put the refried beans in the bottom.

Take a paper towel and wipe around the glass to get off any refried beans that may have smeared aboved its layer.

Layer the guacamole and again, wipe the sides.

Sprinkle the green onion.

Layer the sour cream and wipe the sides.

Layer the salsa using a slotted spoon to drain off any excess liquid.

Sprinkle the top of the salsa with the cheese.

Sprinkle with sliced olives.

Serve with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Yummy! This is one of my fave dips of all time....love, love, love it!

Judy said...

I'm with you -- I like the dip in a glass bowl/dish so you can see the layers. And it's just such a yummy dip, too, everyone loves it, especially me.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup