Recipe: Crab Stuffed Mushrooms



I’ve made this recipe for crab stuffed mushrooms for years…. My son and I love mushrooms… and stuffed mushrooms are on top of the list. Over the years we have tried stuffing them with just about everything… well… maybe not everything… but close to it. We would fool around with ingredients and tweak them each time we made them.

This recipe is the result of tweaking…. it’s similar to many other stuffed mushroom recipes I have.

TIPS

I used imitation crab because crab is so expensive… one thing I do need to make you aware of though, is that I find the imitation crab meat to have a less intense flavor than real crab meat…. so if you want a heavy crab flavor… I would use 3 cups rather than two cups of chopped imitation crab meat. or use real crab meat. I would leave all the other ingredients the same… after mixing it you think it’s too dry… add more chicken broth … a tablespoon at a time until you have a lightly moist stuffing… not too wet… just a little moist.

I bought my imitation crab meat at the seafood counter in the supermarket… they sell it loose… I asked for a large handful… which ended up .40 of a pound…. It worked out to only 99 cents (US)… after chopping in the mini chopper it was about 2 cups… you do not have to measure exactly for the crab meat.

This should make enough to stuff 15-20 stuffing mushrooms, depending on size. The large stuffing mushrooms also tend to be expensive… I bought a package of regular size mushrooms… the package looked like it had mostly medium sized mushrooms… and they really work fine… they bake just as well… and are bite sized after baking.

I used shredded parmesan cheese… you can get small containers of it in the gourmet cheese section in the supermarket… I love to cook with it… it’s also great on pasta dishes. If you don’t have it you can use grated parmesan as a substitute.

I used my mini chopper to chop the imitation crab… a few pulses got it just right.

You will have extra Stove Top Stuffing mix…. I save it in a Zip loc bag…

I hope you enjoy these!







PRINT RECIPE

Crab Stuffed Mushroom Recipe

All you need:

About 15- 20 stuffing mushrooms or about double that amount of regular size mushrooms
2 cups Stove Top Stuffing Savory Herb flavor
2 cups imitation crab or crab meat, chopped
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
¼ cup chicken broth
1 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon garlic powder

All you have to do:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Line 2 9x13 pans with non-stick foil.

Clean and remove the stems of the mushrooms.

In a large bowl combine all ingredients… mix well.

Stuff each mushroom… pressing the stuffing into the mushroom.

Place on foil lined pan.

Spray the mushrooms lightly with butter flavored cooking spray.

Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.

6 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Thank you for this post! I love recipes that people have been making for a long time because they have all the bugs worked out of them.

Linda said...

Thanks!... dunno if all the bugs are worked out.... this is how we like them... and it works like clockwork...

Adapting recipes really is all about what you like... I like stuffed mushrooms anyway they're made... don't know if I ever met a stuffed mushroom I DIDN'T like...LOL

I'm sure someone can think up a recipe with an ingredient I don't like tho

Fabulously40.com said...

They look yummy, I'll make them for my party next week.

Thanks.
Yana

Linda said...

Great Choice Yana... you won't be disappointed!

Vicki said...

I can't get stove top stuffing in the UK, would this work with a ordinary stuffing mix? Sounds very good.

Linda said...

You could substitute any herb seasoned stuffing... if that isn't available.. let me know and I can send you a seasoning ingredient list to use with plain bread stuffing. Just email me at cookingtipoftheday@gmail.com

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup