Recipe: Chocolate Mousse


This recipe for Chocolate Mousse is from my aunt, Frederique. She always made the best chocolate mousse. My Mom and I got her to write the recipe for us... and we have been making it ever since. This is a wonderfully rich, chocolatey tasting mousse.

In honor of National Chocolate Mousse Day… I thought I would post this great recipe.

This recipe is very easy and sooooo delicious. It’s a snap to make and can be made ahead, it’s perfect for entertaining. You can dress it up a bit by adding a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top with chocolate shavings…. a terrific presentation.

I melt the chocolate in the microwave, it’s so much easier than melting it in a double boiler. Just pop the chocolate, butter, coffee and Grand Marnier into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high until melted in 2 minute increments, stirring after each 2 minute interval.

The recipe calls for dark chocolate… if you prefer you can use other chocolate.

Try this recipe… you will love it…







PRINT RECIPE

Chocolate Mousse Recipe

All you need:

4 eggs, separated
½ stick of butter or margarine (I use butter)
1 tablespoon strong coffee
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional)
8 oz. dark chocolate
1 small container cold heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar (you can use granulated if you don't have powdered)

All you need to do:

Melt the chocolate, butter, coffee and Grand Marnier in a bowl in the microwave. Microwave in 2 minute increments until the mixture is melted. Stir after each 2 minute interval.

Allow chocolate mixture to cool until the mixture is still warm but not hot.
In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.

Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and add to the chocolate mixture…. stirring rapidly so eggs get incorporated quickly.

Carefully fold in the egg whites (half at a time). Do not over mix.

Let mixture cool in the refrigerator for about ½ hour.

In the meantime, whip the heavy cream and sugar. (For best results, be sure the heavy cream is cold, as well as, the bowl and all utensils including the beaters).

Lightly fold the whipped cream in … do not over mix… you want your mousse fluffy.

**Reserve some whipped cream for garnish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOOO good.I love this stuff haha.I shall try your recipe for sure.I dont know why but everytime I come here those coconut cupcakes make my mouth drool.If i dont make anything for myself ever I will make few of them for me.I dont eat sweets much in fact maybe not at all unless I have a comfort food attack and then I do but Im loving the looks of them.

Linda said...

Believe it or not...I'm not a big sweet eater either.... I love to taste... but to eat in quantity... not for me.... well... brownies are another story and I do love buttery cookies.. but other than that... not much... just a taster.... so I make for others and taste my little heart out.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup