Recipe: Chewy Blondies


This recipe for chewy blondies was a labor of love…. because I love white chocolate… and wanted the perfect blondie….. oh I know white chocolate isn’t really chocolate…. Does it really matter?... as long as it tastes good…

I hunted and hunted for the perfect blondie recipe… this hunt took me years to complete… tons of trials… followed recipes to a T…. tweaked them… nothing hit a home run for me…. either the taste was right on but they were cake-like…. not bad… just not perfect… or the taste was not what I was looking for… some were just too sweet… some were not sweet enough….

I decided to fool around with my brownie recipe… I did find out in my trial and error method that unsweetened chocolate melts far different than white chocolate… so out the window went that ratio in the ingredients… but we happily ate the rejects. I finally hit, what I think is the right amount of sweetness and the texture of a chewy brownie…

What I did find in my hunt for a blondie recipe… was that… some people like them cakey and others, like myself, want them moist and chewy…. and the biggest difference was that some people wanted a true vanilla taste and others wanted a more butterscotch flavor…

The recipe below should satisfy you chewy brownie and blondie lovers…. If you prefer a more vanilla taste… use white chocolate chips in them…. if you want a more butterscotch flavor… use butterscotch chips…

TIPS

Lightly flour your chips before adding them into the batter to help them not sink to the bottom.

I personally would recommend you use a quality white chocolate… I used Baker’s white chocolate… next time I think I will make them with Ghirardelli white chocolate… I know it’s more expensive… but I‘ve used their chocolate before and theirs is the absolute best…. the flavor is stronger… with these blondies… I wanted a very strong vanilla flavor…

Lastly… I put the pecans as optional… unless you have an allergy or an aversion to pecans… I would recommend you put them in… they really add to the blondie.








PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Chewy Blondies

All you need:

6 ounces white chocolate
2 sticks (1 cup butter), cut into 2 tablespoon chunks
1 1/3 cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1¼ cups flour
1 cup vanilla chips or butterscotch chips
1 cup coarsely broken pecans (optional but recommended)

All you need to do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Line a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick foil. (I use Reynolds Wrap Foil)

Lightly spray the foil with butter flavored cooking spray.

Place 6 ounces of white chocolate and butter chunks into a medium bowl. If you use bakers white chocolate… it comes in 1 ounce pieces… which is fine to use as is… if you get a bar of white chocolate… then break it into smaller pieces.

Cover the bowl with waxed paper.

Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until butter and chocolate have melted. Stir at 1 minute intervals.

Let the chocolate mixture cool for about a ½ hour.

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy, add the salt and the sugar…mix well.

Fold in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture…. until fully incorporated.

Stir in the vanilla.

Stir in the flour.

In a small bowl, lightly flour the vanilla or butterscotch chips.

Fold into the mixture the chips and the nuts.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Cool completely before lifting them out of the pan.

Store on a plate covered with plastic wrap.

3 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

These look exceptionally moist and yummy.

Mary said...

This seems tasty!

Sherri Murphy said...

Yum. I also use a mini pizza cutter and you're right...SO much easier and brownies don't gum up on the blade.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup