Recipe: Coconut Pie


This recipe for a delicious coconut pie that’s just a little different…. a different version of coconut custard pie. The coconut is mixed throughout the pie and the custard. The taste is delicious… the texture is different. I was looking for something easy and different…

If you’re looking for a very quick and tasty dessert… this is it…. I found the recipe at Allrecipes.com …. They call it Impossible Coconut Pie II…..I liked the recipe and thought I’d try it… but I did read the reviews first…

I did make some changes based on reviews… many of the reviewers said it was too sweet… the recipe called for ¾ cup sugar…so I cut back on the sugar by about ¼ of a cup… next time I will use the full ¾ cup…possibly 1 cup of sugar… we thought the cut-back version was not quite sweet enough. .

I used sweetened coconut … the recipe didn’t specify… the recipe called for margarine… I used butter because it was what I had on hand… it didn’t specify melted or softened… so I used softened butter…. I put it in the micro for a minute or so… it was very soft.

I followed some of the reviewers’ advice… I used 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks… the original recipe called for 4 eggs…. and finally … the recipe said to sprinkle the nutmeg on top… I mixed it in.

The original recipe said to bake it for 45 minutes…. you need to bake it for 60 minutes.

The pie cut perfectly after it had been in the refrigerator about an hour.

This pie is a great dessert… and we will definitely make it again.

I hope you try it and enjoy!



Coconut Pie Recipe:

All you need:

2 cups milk (I used skim)
1 cup flaked coconut
2 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup flour
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
¾-1 cup sugar (see notes above)
¼ teaspoon nutmeg

All you need to do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease and flour a 10 inch pie plate… I used Crisco with Flour cooking oil spray.

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well.

Pour into prepared pie plate.

Bake for 60 minutes.

Cool then refrigerate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Im a new follower.I came from happy hermit page.Your page is lovely.Im greek so needless to say I cook lots of greek things.This pie looks unbelievably good.I shall try it sometime soon.Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Thank you for all your wonderful comments... I really appreciate them...
I'm glad you came here... and i really liked your blog too!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup