Recipe: Amazing Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting




This coconut cupcake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting recipe was given to me by my son, Erik. He and his friends had a little celebration and served champagne and these amazing cupcakes. They found an old recipe I had from Cuisine at Home Issue No. 50 April 2005.

The picture is an actual picture they took of their table…. I think it looks fabulous.

All they did was rave about these cupcakes… the taste was orgasmic….

So if you have a special occasion coming up… a spring celebration… a baby or wedding shower…. these are perfect for your party..... or maybe you just want to indulge yourself and your family with a yummy treat.... either way.... yummmmmm








Recipe: Amazing Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

All you need:

For Cupcakes:

1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoons table salt
3 egg whites
¾ cup coconut milk or whole milk (he used coconut milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
¾ cup sugar
½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut

For Frosting:

8 oz. Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese at room temperature (Do not use nonfat)
½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
2 oz. white chocolate
The juice of ½ a lime
2 cups powdered sugar
1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut

All you need to do:

Cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Line a regular sized muffin tin with cupcake papers.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl. Set aside.

Combine the egg whites, coconut milk, and extracts in a bowl. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer set on medium. Blend until the butter lightens in color (about 4 minutes).

Alternately add dry and wet ingredients (starting and ending with dry) in 3 additions.

Fold in coconut using a rubber spatula.

Scoop batter into the prepared tin, filling each about ¾ full.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.

Cool in the pan 5 minutes, remove and cool completely.

Frosting

Beat the cream cheese and butter for the frosting with an electric mixer until smooth.

Melt the white chocolate in a microwave at high power in 30 second intervals. Stir often until smooth.

Add melted white chocolate and lime juice, beat to blend.

Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth (it will be gooey).

Spread 3 tablespoons of frosting on each cupcake.

Top cupcakes with coconut.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look and sound delicious!

Linda said...

Don't they?..... I will make some soon.

Coleens Recipes said...

I ADORE coconut but no one else in my family likes it, so your photo was my coconut "fix" for the week! Thank you very much.

Linda said...

I love coconut too! I know it's hard when the family doesn't like the same thing you like.... so I'm glad I could give you a "fix".

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog(s). I appreciate you takng the time to stop by and leave me a comment.

Lobster Gram Recipe Blog said...

These sound like the perfect end to Easter Dinner. I'm going to make this this weekend! Thanks so much for sharing!

Linda said...

great! Sounds like a great idea.. my son and his friends raved about it... all he said to me was... he followed the recipe exactly... you will so impress your family

Judy said...

Love, love, love coconut cake/cupcakes. These look wonderful! Nice fluffy frosting.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

These look wonderful. I cannot wait to try them. I've never even thought of coconut CUPCAKES. I could never get past the cake!

Linda said...

Thanks! I hope you like them... beware .. they can be addicting! Thanks for stopping by and come again!

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup