Tips on Preparing Baked Stuffed Potatoes

Tips of the Day

My first tip for preparing baked stuffed potato is…. have extra potato insides available…. I like my baked stuffed potatoes to be heaping full….. so either have leftover mashed potatoes from another meal…. Or do like I did…. last weekend I made potato skins and kept the scooped out potato in an air tight container for use when I made the stuffed potatoes today. Another option is to make a small serving of instant mashed potatoes and add them in (I’d consider that a last resort option).

My second tip is that do as I say not as I did….. I scooped too much out and the skin left wasn’t strong enough to hold the shape and the filling in…. I only did that on one of them… thank goodness…. it wasn’t the end of the world…. but I’m into presentation…. so it was a big deal to me… the lesson here is leave about ¼ inch “wall” … especially if you cut your potatoes in half… like I usually do.

My third tip is… decide ahead of time if you’re going to cut the potatoes in half… so you have two halves per person or cut the top 1/3 off and only serve the one potato per person….. most people say that if you cut them in half… you need more filling…. I’m not so sure I agree with that…. but as I said before…. I like to make mine ultra full…. so I always plan to have extra potatoes for the filling….

And finally….. be inventive…. you can change up my recipe in a million different ways…. find what you and your family like best…. And sometimes it’s just good to be different otherwise meals can be boring…

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup