Recipe: Margarita Ole Bars


Do you love Margaritas? If you do... here is a recipe just for you... well and anyone you want to share these wonderful bars with..

This recipe for Margarita Ole Bars is from the folks at Pillsbury… I found the recipe in a soft book of theirs entitled “Get Togethers” from May 2006.

I love Margaritas… “regular” or fruit… frozen or not… I’m a die hard fan of Margaritas… so when I saw this recipe … I just had to make them….. and I'm glad I did... they're a little like lemon bars but with a little twist... a perfect finish to a mexican meal.

TIPS

Now… you know me well enough by now….of course I have to mention adaptations. If you look at the “Margarita” ingredient… it’s thawed frozen Margarita mix concentrate… so that leaves the door wide open for substitutions.

Well…. I am a fan also of Williams Sonoma… when we walk by the store… my son whispers in my ear…ahhh ah ahhh….. yes …. I think the William Sonoma store is a slice of heaven… granted a lot of things are out of my price range… but surprisingly… many are extremely well priced and affordable….

So where am I going with this? I will tell you…. Williams Sonoma makes Margarita mix in bottles with all sorts of fabulous flavors…. Strawberry... Peach... you name it...So substituting is a snap... pick a flavor...and change up the Margarita Bars as you wish… experiment.. if nothing else you will have fun eating the results.

It’s a great recipe… and very easy too….






PRINT RECIPE

Recipe:  Margarita Ole Bars

All you need:

For the crust:

1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened

For the Filling:

4 eggs
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup frozen Margarita mix concentrate, thawed
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

All you need to do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine the crust ingredients using an electric mixer set on low until the mixture is crumbly.

With floured hands, press the crust mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 inch pan.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a light golden brown.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Mix in the granulated sugar, ¼ cup flour and baking powder until well blended.

Stir in the Margarita mix and lime peel.

Remove the pan from the oven.

Pour the filling over the crust.

Return the pan to the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is set.

Cool completely (about an hour).

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup