Recipe: Chocolate Chiffon Pie

This is a delicious chocolate chiffon pie recipe I have in my file from a restaurant that I used to go to years ago on Long Island…. It was called Bill’s Harbor Inn in Manorhaven…. I’m not sure they are still around but this recipe still is…. I’ve made many times over the years and someone always asks for the recipe…

I have used the shortcut of using commercially made graham cracker crusts before with success. I just sprinkled a little cinnamon on the crust before adding the filling… I gave you the recipe as I received it…. but I, personally, like the convenience of using a prepared graham cracker crust…. It’s a huge time saver.

So in honor of National Pie Day… I thought I would share this recipe with you…. I hope you try it… you’ll be glad you did!

Chocolate Chiffon Pie Recipe:

All you need:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 bars German’s sweet chocolate
6 tablespoons cold water
1 pint heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla

All you need to do:

Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.

Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch spring form pan.

Refrigerate.

While crust is refrigerating, break the chocolate up into pieces.

In a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the chocolate with the water, and heat until just melted. This should take about 15 minutes.

Stir the chocolate well and set aside to cool to room temperature.

Whip the heavy cream in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters. Whip to a creamy texture. The cream should have volume but still be creamy not stiff. Do not overbeat.

Add vanilla to the chocolate mixture.

Carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.

Pour into the pie crust.

Run a knife around the side of the pan to bring the crust into the filling.

Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup