Recipe: Black Forest Cherry Brownie Dessert


I made this dessert the other night for family that came to spend the weekend. I wanted to make a nice dessert… but honestly… I was just too lazy to bake a chocolate cake… not to mention … a Black Forest Cake would have to be refrigerated and there was definitely no more room at the inn… errr… I mean the fridge….

Soooo…. I decided to make up a quick batch of brownies … buy a can of cherry pie filling… and I did make my whipped cream from scratch… and voila! … a truly yummy dessert.

Black Forest Cherry Brownie Dessert Recipe

All you need:

A pan of brownies (my recipe or package)
1 can cherry pie filling
1 container (pint) heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract

All you need to do:

Make a pan of brownies… see my brownie recipe or follow package instructions… I make mine fudgey…

In a large mixing bowl beat together heavy cream, sugar and vanilla… start with one teaspoon vanilla … add more to taste… I use closer to 2 teaspoons… I eyeball it… and give it a good shot.

Beat cream mixture until soft peaks form.

Cut brownies into generous sized squares.

Place a brownie on each serving plate.

Top the brownie with a generous spoonful of cherry pie filling.

Top the pie filling with a generous dollop of whipped cream.

To make a truly spectacular looking dessert… garnish with chocolate shavings.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup