Recipe: Yogurt Sauce for Fruit Salad

Years ago I was experimenting with sauces for fruit salad and came up with this… it really is so simple it hardly qualifies as a recipe…. but everyone always likes it, it’s so perfect for fruit salad, I had to include it……and it’s Non-Fat!! … just don’t tell your husband and the kids it’s good for them!

TIPS

My favorite brand of yogurt is Columbo …. It has the smoothest taste… but that brand is not always available…. Stonyfield Farm yogurt works well also… I have tried store brand yogurts with mixed success… you really have to experiment…

Definitely make sure you use French Vanilla… I have tried plain yogurt and it’s just not the same…

Start with about 1/3 cup of honey and add more to taste… I would eyeball it… if you actually measure it.. you will never get all the honey out of the measuring cup… and honey is not cheap.

Depending on the number of people you are serving, will depend on the size yogurt container you actually need… I always buy the large size and set out about half… this way I can refill the bowl if necessary, and if I don’t, then I have a great leftover… I never have this go to waste.








Yogurt Sauce Recipe:

All you need:

1 (25 oz) large container Non-Fat French Vanilla Yogurt
1/3 cup honey (eyeball it)

All you need to do:

Combine the yogurt and honey in a medium bowl…and serve!

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup