Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins



I got this recipe for Pumpkin Muffins from someone who claimed it was a Weight Watchers recipe…. their version uses two ingredients… a cake mix and a can of pumpkin… nothing else… so I was intrigued… I tried it.. 

The result was surprisingly good…. kinda tough to work with but worth the extra work getting it into the muffin tin.

While the two ingredient recipe was good… I prefer adding 2 eggs… it makes the batter much easier to mix and I think it is moister with the eggs.

TIPS

As I mentioned this recipe will work with two ingredients…  it’s your choice.. their way or mine.

As I mentioned you use a cake mix with this.. the original recipe used a yellow cake mix.. I used a spice cake mix.. I felt it was too bland with just a yellow cake mix.

I would also recommend adding a teaspoon pumpkin pie spice…. It will add more flavor.

For those that have to be gluten free.. there are gluten free cake mixes… so bake away!

The original instructions said 20-25 minutes…  I baked a batch at 25 minutes.. way too long.. and I added 2 eggs to the batter… I would start checking it at about 18 minutes… when a toothpick in the center comes out clean.. you are done.

I drizzled some glaze on mine..

So quick and easy… I hope you try it!







Recipe:  Pumpkin Muffins

All you need:

A spice cake mix
1 can (15 oz) canned pumpkin
2 eggs (optional)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.

Line a regular muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking oil spray.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix and pumpkin and eggs (if adding them in).  Beat at low speed until well mixed.

Divide the batter evenly between the muffins cups.  They will fill about ¾ full.

Bake between 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup