Recipe: Tuna Salad Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich


I love sandwiches… all kinds… I could spend all day thinking up sandwich combinations… take me to a restaurant… and more than likely I will look at the sandwich listing first… I’m always on the lookout for that “next” great sandwich.

I will try just about anything put between two slices of bread… okay maybe not anything.. but then again I did say just about anything.

Tuna salad alone can be made so many different ways… and heaven forbid you give me a choice.. I may hem and haw for an hour trying to decide which way I want it made.

So for me.. this recipe for Tuna Salad Bacon Lettuce and Tomato is fairly normal… normal is good.. even for me. Not a lot of uniqueness today.. just an average tuna salad on whole wheat with some smoked bacon, lettuce and sliced tomato… oh and I did slide in a slice of Swiss cheese… did I mention I also love Swiss cheese?

Now for a few tips… I always have a few tips…

TIPS

The bread… use your favorite or what you have on hand.. I used whole wheat today… check with me next week it may be white toast… or maybe sourdough… you get the idea… I’m flexible.

The bacon…. use smoked bacon.. it’s so much more flavorful than just ordinary bacon… apple smoked bacon is a good choice. Make it in the oven.. foil line your pan and clean-up is a snap… don’t know how to make it in the oven?... click my link to find out How to Make Bacon in the Oven.

Tuna… you can use any kind you like.. I use solid white in water.

Mayo… I’m a purist… I love Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise… wouldn’t think of using anything else.

The tuna salad…. make it however you love it… I use one can of tuna….add a squeeze of lemon juice… 1 rib of celery, chopped really really fine… about a tablespoon of finely chopped onion… about 1 tablespoon of mayo… salt and pepper..

Lettuce… use your favorite… leaf lettuce is my favorite but alas not to be today.. I had iceberg lettuce in the fridge… whatever works for you will be fine.

Hmmm… I guess that about covers it…

So go make your sandwich… go on… you know you want…






PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Tuna Salad Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich

All you need:

2 slices of bread
Tuna salad *see tips
Mayo
Lettuce
Tomato
Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
Smoked bacon, cooked

All you need to do:

Slather mayo on one side of each slice of bread… like that?... slather… you have to slather

Layer ingredients on one slice and top with the other.

No comments:

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup