Recipe: Oatmeal Cookies with Heath Toffee Bits


This recipe for Oatmeal Cookies with Heath Toffee Bits is a slight variation on a oatmeal cookie recipe I have from Quaker Oats. Warren loves oatmeal cookies and he loves Heath Bars… so I thought …why not combine the two. The result was a pretty darn good cookie, one my son would have loved in his lunch box.

When my son was in grammar school his school didn’t have a cafeteria so he had to bring his lunch… I always included a fruit and a sweet…. often a 2 or 3 homemade cookies. I especially liked to experiment with add-ins. I always started my Christmas cookie baking around Thanksgiving, so his lunch box desserts were a variety of cookies I baked. I never sent him with chips or junk food… little did I know he would auction off his “Mother’s homemade cookies” for Cheetos and Fritos… so much for no junk food…. I guess I should be proud … apparently my homemade cookies fetched 2 to 1…. So my son made out like a bandit.

The recipe is simple and you can find a bag of Heath Bits in the baking aisle of the supermarket.

These are delicious and a great addition to cookies you make for the holidays, as well as, a great lunch box dessert anytime.

Enjoy!

PRINT RECIPE

Recipe: Oatmeal Cookies with Heath Toffee Bits

All you need:

14 tablespoons (1 stick plus 6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 bag Heath Toffee Bits

All you need to do:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars at medium speed until creamy.

Add the eggs and vanilla, beat well.

Add the flour mixture and mix well.

Add the oats and the Heath Bits and mix well.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheets. (See my Cooking Tip of the Day)

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheets and remove to a wire rack.

Cool Completely.

Store in an airtight container.

4 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

oh yum... I love these... hope some neighbor has me on their cookie giveaway list with these

Donna-FFW said...

I make these all the time from the back of the bag, one of my first blog posts, my hubbys favorite!!

Linda said...

Grill.... Good luck with the give-away list...LOL

Donna... no kidding... the recipe wasn't on my bag... and here I thought I was being creative!

Unknown said...

First time I started making them was back in 2008 and got the recipe from the back of the heath bar bit bag. Now in December 2010 It's no longer there and thanks to this website I can now make them again.

Looking for More Recipes?

If you are looking for more recipes click the "Older Posts" link to page back to older posts or go to the archives in the right column. The list of labels at the bottom in the right column will help you find specific types of recipes or try our search engine at the top and search by name or ingredient.


What's more comforting on a cold day than Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? .. and it's so easy to make!

Chicken Noodle Soup