WELCOME!

Browse the over 1,000 recipes for the beginner to the experienced cook... with lots of photos and all with easy to follow instructions, helpful hints and tips...plus loads of information..... enjoy!







Never Miss a Post... Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Or Subscribe to Our Feeds Via a Reader

Time-saving Tips 1

Tip of the Day:

God bless the person who came up with the idea of the mini chopper. I love my mini chopper. I chop many, many things ahead to make prep time when cooking a snap.

As I previously mentioned in a Tip of the Day… when I buy parsley, I clean and pick the leaves off the entire bunch and chop them in my mini chopper…, I keep them in an airtight container in the freezer. If I have leftover bacon… I make sure to chop it and … you guessed it… keep it in an airtight container in the freezer.

This time of year I know I will need certain things… one of which is bacon, so I fry up a package and chop it and store it in the freezer. I also clean and (hand chop) an entire bunch of scallions. I store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Unfortunately, they don’t chop well in the mini chopper….

Remember when I published my Cheesy O’Brien Potatoes and Ham and I mentioned I keep the rest of the package of ham in the fridge… well that’s another thing I put through my mini chopper… I take about a cup of cubed ham and finely chop it … I use it for mini quiche hor’dourves. It also is a nice addition in frittatas… I also have used it in spinach dips for extra flavor. We like ham salad too… that makes a quick tasty canapĂ©…

I buy whole nuts when I plan on baking recipes that call for nuts… I chop them myself and store them…you guessed it in airtight containers or Zip-Loc bags in the fridge.

As you look over your list make note of ingredients that are in more than one recipe that can be prepped ahead. It’s usually easy to find a few spare minutes to take care of these little details…and the time it saves you later is valuable behind belief.

0 comments:

.
Mexican Recipes You May Like


Mexican Omelet

Foodie Blogroll

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP